Australian national phase entry deadline and filing requirements
See also patent protection for Australians
The Australian PCT national phase entry deadline is 31 months from the priority date.
If the international application has been published and is in English, to enter the national phase in Australia we simply require your instructions. It is also desirable to file copies of any amendments made during the international phase.
If the international application has not been published, we will also require:
- a copy of the application,
- copies of any amendments or rectifications made during the international phase, and
- the name(s) and address(es) of the applicant(s).
If the international application is not in English:
- a translation “of the specification of the PCT application as filed (with or without any rectifications under Rule 91 of the PCT)” will be required; although
- translations of any amendments filed during the international phase should also be filed if those amendments are to be taken into account in Australia.
We do not require a Power of Attorney.