Phone: +61 3 9819 3808
Level 27, 101 Collins Street
Melbourne Victoria 3000
Patent attorney, engineer & trade marks attorney
Belinda Wadeson - Principal
Patent Attorney, Mechanical Engineer and Trade Marks attorney
'Highly professional, very thorough and refreshingly commercial in her outlook'
Michael Vitale, Professor, Monash University
From strategic direction to tactical implementation, Belinda Wadeson delivers a powerful combination of real-world know-how and specialist trade mark, patent and design skills.
She is an experienced operator and a highly regarded expert, including as a former Director of the Monash University Commercialisation and Intellectual Property Advisory Committee.
Belinda has clients from a range of industries (sporting equipment, food, media, fashion, entertainment, water, power generation, bulk material handling, mining, manufacturing and construction) and jurisdictions around the world. She has hard to come by and niche expertise, including trade mark non-use removal oppositions and managing a global certification mark portfolio in the food industry across 40 countries. Belinda has acted in leading cases before the Trade Marks Office, recently including succeeding in the first disputed extension of time for evidence in a trade mark opposition under the newly amended law. She is renowned for her high quality, practical and relevant advice, as well as for knowing what's really important to her clients.
Belinda is registered to practise as a trade marks attorney and as a patent attorney in Australia and New Zealand. She has a Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) and a Bachelor of Arts from Monash University as well as a Master of Intellectual Property Law.
- Chinese Intellectual Property Law course (SPTL), Shanghai, China
- Intensive Chinese Language Course, Beijing, China
- European Masters Patent Drafting Course, IPTA
- Diversity on Boards Conference, Sydney
- Icon Plastics Pty Ltd  ADO 2
- Peter John Ward v Embrey Attachments and Stanley Works  APO 17
- The Mentholatum Company v Innoxa Marks Limited  ATMO 61
- MG Icon LLC v Caprice Australia Pty Ltd  ATMO 34
- Fellow, Institute of Patent and Trade Marks Attorneys
- Member, Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member, Institute of Engineers Australia
- Former Director, Monash University Commercialisation and Intellectual Property Advisory Committee
- Committee member, Victorian division of the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
-> Australian Trade Marks Attorney not always required 17-10-2016
-> R&D tax incentives checklist 09-08-2016
-> Four simple steps to avoid costly branding mistakes 22-04-2016
Trade mark & patent attorneys. Engineers with practical experience. Melbourne based. International reach. WADESON