Mechanical engineer and patent attorney with manufacturing experience
Ben Mott – Principal
Mechanical Engineer and Patent Attorney
‘Excellent at discussing the terms of patents in a way we can all understand’
Jane Tepper, Business Owner
Ben is a patent expert with real-world experience as an engineer in manufacturing. His ability to create and strengthen his clients’ patent and design position is what makes him a much sought after industry professional. With a unique combination of practical engineering skills and patent expertise, Ben has a refreshingly practical, results-driven approach to intellectual property law.
Ben excels at working with businesses new to the patent and registered design systems to cost-effectively build a commercially effective patent and design position. He delivers outstanding results, on time and exactly to specification.
With a background in engineering, Ben has practical experience including more than five years as a design engineer with a Melbourne-based manufacturer, and a short stint in Switzerland with a manufacturer of gas turbines.
Since his engineering days, Ben practised in patent and design law for more than five years with a national firm of patent and trade marks attorneys prior to joining Wadeson. There he gained experience in a wide range of industries, including oil and gas and other mining equipment, civil engineering, medical devices, food handling, pumps, fans and domestic items.
Ben is a registered patent attorney in Australia and New Zealand. He has a Master of Intellectual Property Law from the University of Melbourne and a Bachelor of Engineering (1st Class Hons) and Bachelor of Commerce from Monash University.
- Patent attorney takes another swing for charity 23-02-2018
- The end is nigh for innovation patents 30-11-2017
- New Zealand joins the Global Patent Prosecution Highway (GPPH) 02-09-2017
- Australian innovation patents retrospectively made non-retrospective 02-05-2017
- Not many 10 year olds are inventing medical devices 19-04-2017
- Patent attorney takes (another) swing for charity 27-02-2017
- An innovative approach to Australian patent protection 09-02-2017
Engineering patents and manufacturing patents. Melbourne based. International reach. WADESON