Trade marks attorney, patent attorney and mechanical engineer
Belinda Wadeson – founder and Principal
Belinda Wadeson currently works as a trade marks attorney from our Melbourne and Dandenong offices in Victoria, Australia. She delivers a powerful combination of real-world know-how and specialist trade mark attorney skills.
‘Highly professional, very thorough and refreshingly commercial in her outlook’
Michael Vitale, Professor, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
‘Her experience and insights make it possible to define strategies with clear actions and a cost-effective outcome’
Adrian Kors, Director, Alpha Protective Technologies Pty Ltd, NSW, Australia
Belinda is an expert trade marks attorney with real-world experience in business. She gives high quality, practical and relevant advice. She always makes sure she knows what’s most important to her clients. Belinda delivers excellent results, on time and to the agreed scope and budget.
Her engineering background and experience helps her get to the heart of a matter. It also gives her an insightful and practical approach to legal and business issues. She looks beyond the usual frameworks to plan ahead for optimal long-term solutions.
Belinda’s clients are from a broad range of industries and countries around the world. Many are in the food, media, fashion, cosmetics, entertainment and sporting equipment industries. Others are in the agricultural, industrial and engineering sectors. These include AgTech, water, power generation, bulk material handling, mining, manufacturing and construction businesses.
Belinda is a registered trade marks attorney in Australia. She is also a registered patent attorney in Australia and New Zealand. Belinda has a Master of Intellectual Property Law, Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) and Bachelor of Arts from Monash University.
She provides trade marks attorney services from our Melbourne and Dandenong offices, Victoria, Australia.
Conferences and ongoing Professional Development
- Global Table – Seeds&Chips – The Global Food Innovation Summit
- International Trade Marks Association annual conference
- Chinese Intellectual Property Law course (SPTL), Shanghai, China
- Intensive Chinese Language Course, Beijing, China
- European Masters Patent Drafting Course, IPTA
- Diversity on Boards Conference, Sydney
- Institute of Patent and Trade Marks Attorneys (Fellow) (IPTA)
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)
- International Trade Marks Association (INTA)
- Institute of Engineers Australia
Boards and Committees
- Former Director, Monash University Commercialisation and Intellectual Property Advisory Committee
- Former committee member, Victorian division of the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Icon Plastics Pty Ltd  ADO 2
- Peter John Ward v Embrey Attachments and Stanley Works  APO 17
- The Mentholatum Company v Innoxa Marks Limited  ATMO 61
- MG Icon LLC v Caprice Australia Pty Ltd  ATMO 34
Principal, Trade Marks Attorney, Patent Attorney, working from our Melbourne and Dandenong offices in Victoria, Australia
‘We want to express our sincere appreciation to Belinda and her staff for their efforts in successfully defending our trademark rights in Australia …
Her approach to the offending party was very professional, direct, and firm’
Victoria Dauernheim, Director, Dog Diggin Designs LLC, Las Vegas, USA
Recent articles and publications
- Costs plummet to get a trade mark in Canada and Brazil 09-07-2019
- Wadeson turns 10! 10-04-2019
- Meet with us at INTA Boston! 09-04-2019
- Australian Trade Marks Attorney not always required 17-10-2016
Trade mark & patent attorneys. Engineers with practical experience. Melbourne based. International reach. WADESON