Phone: +61 3 9819 3808
Level 27, 101 Collins Street
Melbourne Victoria 3000
In Australia, standard patents, innovation patents and trade mark registrations each start with an application filed with IP Australia. Aside from innovation patents, before these 'rights' are made enforceable they can be opposed by a third party (e.g. a competitor).
An opposition proceeding is an administrative process before IP Australia whereby the third party may challenge the patentability of an invention or the registrability of a trade mark.
Visit our patent oppositions page for more details.
Contact us to find out how Wadeson can help with a patent opposition, or trade mark opposition.
Our IP opposition services
Wadeson's experienced patent attorneys and trade mark attorneys can:
- advise on the prospects of successfully opposing or defending patents and trade marks
- prepare and file all necessary documents throughout the opposition process
- provide guidance on the evidence that should be filed and assist with the drafting of statutory declarations
- advise on and negotiate appropriate settlement terms
- prepare written submissions and appear at the hearing of the opposition.